What is Meditation
What is the Mind versus the Brain?
Simply put the brain is in the head and the mind is your entire body. The mind is also in the sphere of energy around you and extends into the energy fields you tap into and are connected with. That doesn’t mean it ends there. Quantum entanglement suggests that mind may be anywhere that we put our attention to.
There are so many meditation techniques it’s impossible to know them all, cover them all nor experience them all. I’ll speak about some of the forms of meditation, techniques and tools that I’ve discovered, practiced and enjoyed around the world and to back to here.
Contemplative Meditation Practices
- Mindfulness Meditation is a modern name for different meditation practices that bring about mind states that induce an experience such as calm, peace, love, grace, joy. Mindfulness meditations are intentional based contemplative meditations that may counteract negative human experience symptoms such as anxiety, PTSD, discomfort or anger through meditation techniques and practices.
- Vipassana Meditation is a practice where you scan your body with a non-attached perspective known as equanimity.
- Shakti Meditation aka Bliss Consciousness is a practice where you witness and follow the chi, prana or energy as it passes through your body-mind.
- Yoga Nidra aka Dream Yoga is a dream meditation practice where you bring your body into a relaxed state and summon forth an intention for your experience or reality.
- Sound Meditation is a practice of listening to intentional music or sound that is created or conducted by a master of sound technician, musician or sound guide for a unique experience that brings a chosen intention to life for the receiver. Intentional mind-states such as peace, calm, love clarity, healing or other such vital human or ascended experiences are created and manifest via the sound signals.
- Yantra Meditation is an ancient Tibetan, Indian and probably other cultural meditation where gazing at a geometric art piece drawn, painted or sculpted with intention to create a mind state through the visual map. Such mind training may be induced via Tibetan tankas, mandalas and sacred geometric devices such as the Sri Yantra. These are some of the tools for this technique.
- Mantra Meditation is a practice of speaking a set of intentional words, a phrase, often in some traditions using the root language of Sanskrit which is known as the seed language that all languages have derived and is thus closer to the original feeling and intent of the words we speak. Traditional uses of mantra include sacred music and ritual songs for inducing states of being and reverie.
- Tantra Meditation is a deep practice which is at the root of all yoga, the Sanskrit word ‘Tantra’ derives from the verbal root tan, meaning ‘to weave’, or ‘compose’. It is known as a varied set of tranformative techniques that may use for instance breath, visualization, or words to height the senses within the body. It’s a diverse tradition from master that may take years to re-ignite within, or you could be a natural. Tantra is the magic that is innate in us all and will also help our relations.
- Humming Meditation is a meditation I learned in a few places, childhood, Osho and Amma. Try it hum, and listen to your humming.
- Guided Meditation is an experiential meditation where a guide speaks you through an experience. It can range in all meditation types from scanning your body, Yoga Nidra, calling in spiritual guides or going on a journey.
- Transformational Journeys is a hypnagogic-like technique that brings people into the lighter layers of the subconscious field. It’s a guided experience with a trained facilitator with the purpose of listening to your mind-field, your inner states, your subconscious layers, yes, your dream field.
- Dream Alchemy(™) is a Meditative Journey that I created and offer which is based around Transformational Journeys and Dream Yoga. It’s a Guided Meditation that brings you on an exploration of your inner world so that you may discover yourself and create any changes within yourself. Sound is often used in this guided experience yet isn’t necessary nor is it always called for in the experience.
- Sound Alchemy(™) is a Meditative Journey that I created and offer which is based on using the sounds of instruments as well as sounds of the human instrument of the body. It incorporates Sound Meditation, Humming Meditation, Mantra, Yantra and Tantra in an experience that opens your mind to the life inside of you.
- Dance Alchemy(™) is a Meditative Journey that I created and off which is
No-Mind Meditation Practices
- Zen Meditation – is a kind of no-mind meditation and is not contemplative, it’s about letting go of any kind of contemplation. You watch your mind talking and let go of all thought.